Forest Themed Baby Shower Inspiration
I had the pleasure of attending the cutest baby shower for one of my friends. The hostess (close friends of mine as well) decided to go with a gender neutral and woodland/forest theme complete with foxes, squirrels, and other cute forest critters. The colors were a light mint, pale blue, grey, and doses of cheerful red.
The hostess created a “wish” tree. Everyone wrote down a wish for the baby and hung it on the wish tree for the guest of honor to bring home. It even had natural-wood pencils to go with the theme. The hostess said she found them at TJ Maxx.
Cute favors, animal crackers in a polka-dotted bag.
Some of the tasty items served were:
– Mini bagels toasted with an array for cream cheeses
– Lemon scones (recipe)
– Blueberry muffins on a stick (how cool!)
– Cheesy hash brown casserole (recipe)
– Bacon and cheese quiche (recipe)
– Frosted carrot cupcakes (recipe)
– Fruit bowl
You can pick up similar decorative items from etsy:
Games that were played:
– Guess the song with word “baby” in the lyric
– Everyone gets a clothespin at the beginning of the shower, if anyone hears someone say the word “baby” they take their clothespin. The person with the most clothespins at the end of the shower wins the game.