Pregnancy Product Must-Haves
Help make your pregnancy more comfortable
When pregnant there are so many things that can bring unnecessary stress to your life. Starting in the first trimester women have to deal with mood swings, morning sickness, fatigue, lack of concentration, and many more irritating symptoms. To remove some of your frustrations and alleviate stress here are some products that will help to make your pregnancy more comfortable.
- Body pillows will come in handy during those restless, sleepless nights. A body pillow allows a woman to sleep in a half fetal position (on her side), relieves pressure from a growing belly, while supporting the neck, shoulders, legs, and back.
- Here are Amazons top rated body pillows for pregnancy! http://www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/baby-products/382727011
- Taking prenatal vitamins can help fill nutritional gaps that may be occurring in a mother’s diet. Vitamins containing folic acid, iron and calcium can help prevent neural tube birth defects, bone density loss and a lack of oxygen flow.
- Look for vitamins that include:
o 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid.
o 400 IU of vitamin D.
o 200 to 300 milligrams (mg) of calcium.
o 70 mg of vitamin C.
o 3 mg of thiamine.
o 2 mg of riboflavin.
o 20 mg of niacin.
o 6 mcg of vitamin B12.
o 10 mg of vitamin E.
o 15 mg of zinc.
o 17 mg of iron
Morning Sickness Remedies
- Anything Ginger (ginger tea, ginger ale, ginger jam, ginger snaps): Ginger helps to neutralize stomach acids, relax stomach muscles and sedate stomach tissue to prevent over activity of the stomach (a cause of nausea).
- Vitamin B: Taking Vitamin B6 has shown in studies to prevent and relieve queasiness for some pregnant women. Vitamin B6 can be found in foods such as bananas, nuts, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, potatoes, lean meats and fish. Prenatal vitamins contain vitamin B6 as well.
- B-natal Pops: A vitamin B6 lozenge that helps to relieve morning sickness. The pop is available in cherry or green apple flavors. No liquid or pills needed to take…it’s just like having a lollipop!
- Sea Bands: Wristbands that use acupressure pulse points to fight nausea.
- Lemons: Eat them, suck them and sniff them.
Belly Support (Belly/Maternity Band)
- Here are some great bellybands and supports.
Bra Extenders & Solutions
- As each week goes by during your pregnancy you will see an increase in breast size. It is imperative to wear a supportive bra during your pregnancy to prevent sagging after birth.
- Here are some great supportive bras! http://www.apeainthepod.com/maternity/bras.asp
Loose Fitting Clothing
- Finding a pair of comfy, stretchable pants is the key to unlocking the door to comfort during your pregnancy. Make sure to find stretchy pants so that as you grow you don’t have to keep purchasing larger pants.
- Here is a great pant suggestions
Soothing Skin Lotion (foot lotion for cramping feet)
- As your skin begins to grow and stretch, it is important to keep the skin moist with lotion. Lotion can prevent itchy, dry skin. When deciding which lotion to use, make sure that the lotion is “pregnancy safe”.
- Here are some safe, top-rated lotions for pregnancy
If you are unsure if your lotion is safe then check out this article on safe skin care products to use during pregnancy.
- If you are unsure of what to expect when you are expecting then download some of these great apps on your mobile phone or handheld device. Pregnancy apps can help monitor your baby bump, act as nutritional guide, provide you with helpful questions to ask your doctor and most importantly be available 24/7 to answer questions or concerns you may be having.
For Pregnant Dog Lovers- Dog Launcher
- Having a dog launcher will allow you to still be able to play fetch with your dog as your belly grows. The dog launcher will prevent you from having to bend over to pick up a ball.
- Recommended dog launchers: http://www.petco.com/product/8801/Chuckit-Medium-Ball-Launcher.aspx