A Guide to Host a Holiday Cookie Swap!
Here’s one of those unique ways to celebrate the holidays instead of just throwing a regular ole’ holiday party. Host a cookie swap! View our guide to host the perfect and easiest holiday cookie swap.
– Prepare a guest list and figure out how many cookies each guest should bring. Normally it’s around a dozen cookies each guest brings. The idea is everyone brings their favorite cookie concoction, shares the recipe and brings home a load of cookies to share with the family!
– Send out the invites! There are some fun and inexpensive ways to send out invitations to your friends and co-workers. Be sure to remind guests if they need to bring the cookies decorated or un-decorated, if decorating is part of the party fun.
– Figure out how many guests RSVP’d to your invite.
– Prepare a mini menu of other snacks and drinks to share with your friends. You’ll be glad you’ll have other food items other than cookies to provide to your guests.
Great List of Holiday Appetizers and Snacks
– Figure out where the swap will take place. A large table in the dining room? An area in the living room?
– Shop for your own cookie ingredients and other party decorations.
Check out some amazing Holiday Cookie Recipes
3. Prepare and Decorate
– You can ask guests to bring their own containers for the cookies that they bring home OR you could make some fun cookie containers for each guest to store their delicious treats.
Some great packing ideas for baked goods!
– Have empty platters or serving trays for everyone’s cookies.
4. Day Of
– Bake and set out your own treats and appetizers
– Have decorated cookie boxes set out for guests
– Set out the table and places to sit. Place the trays, labels and recipe cards out.
– Set out the drinks, here are some exciting holiday drinks.
“The formula to actually exchange cookies is simple, with guests taking home as many cookies as they contributed. Start by everyone taking a dozen each, rotating around the table so everyone has a chance to access all the cookies. Continue with another dozen and another until all the cookies are gone. This usually takes about two minutes!”
Some other great resources when planning for your Cookie Swap: