Creamy Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Hampton Roads is experiencing some CHILLY weather these days and snow is on the horizon! Stay in with your love ones and whip up this delicious Creamy Baked Potato Soup and stay warm!
Creamy Baked Potato Soup – 4 to 6 servings
- 4 Bacon Strips
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 Tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 3 1/2 Cups Milk
- 3 Russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed into dice-sized cubes
- 2 Green Onions Optional(plus 1-2 extras for garnish), washed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Cook bacon according to directions. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat olive oil on medium and sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until butter is lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, green onions, sautéed garlic and onions. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked. Continue to stir so that soup doesn’t stick to bottom of the pan.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, topped with crumbled, cooked bacon, cheese and extra green onions.