1401 Battlefield Boulevard South, Chesapeake, VA 23322
Since September 1969, Great Hope Baptist School has operated as a ministry of Great Hope Baptist Church. The school began with two half-day kindergarten classes and by 1976 had developed into a complete educational program for all students from five-year-old kindergarten through twelfth grade. In August 2008, Little Soldiers Preschool & Daycare was added for children ages 2.5 through kindergarten.
Over the years, Great Hope Baptist School has focused on these objectives, which provide a mission for this institution:
- To teach that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that His death and resurrection provide forgiveness of sin and new life through faith in Him.
- To teach that the Bible is the Word of God, and to help the student appreciate and accept its practical use and importance.
- To teach the student the fundamentals of God’s creation, including language arts, geography, mathematics, history, science, fine arts, health, and the Bible from a Christ-centered viewpoint, so that he will develop to the glory of God spiritually, emotionally, socially, mentally, and physically – not in his natural energy, but through new life in Christ.
- To teach our students to purpose to yield themselves completely to God in submission and obedience to His will as revealed in the Bible.
- To teach that progress in Christian living is dependent upon fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ through prayer, service, and feeding upon the Word of God.
- To teach and apply spiritual principles in the disciplining of the student.
- To promote the application of Christian principles to daily life by placing the pupils in a Christian school environment.
- To teach the students to work both independently and cooperatively while they learn to think and to responsibly apply Christian principles in any situation.
- To stimulate in the students the appreciation of and desire for wholesome recreation.
- To teach and develop in our students the proper attitudes, ideals, habits, knowledge, and skills which are necessary preparations for life.
- To give the student the kind of experience that will help him face life with courage and understanding, and to help him experience a living faith in God that will make him a credit to Christ, his community, his nation, and himself.
Sunday School 9:00 AM
Sunday Morning 10:00 AM
Sunday Evening 6:00 PM
Wednesday Evening 7:00 PM
Youth Outfitters 7:00 PM
Kids’ Master Clubs 7:00 PM
1401 Battlefield Blvd South
Chesapeake, VA 23322